There are several ways of promoting your new-found poker affiliate venture. One of them is definitely blogging in hopes of finding new players. Obviously, in order to start a blog for your blog promotion, you need to have at least some sort of writing skill and also, the will to actually stick to it.
- In one of my other articles, I talked about no risk/no reward. Blogging, except for the time spent, can actually offer you no risk - nice reward option. Blogging as you know, is free, these days using blogging platforms such as wordpress or blogspot you can start in a matter of minutes.
- The free content you provide brings in visitors you otherwise would not have had. The visitors come through search engines or through other blogs who have linked to your posts (assuming your blog post had something good in it).
- Blogging is unique (assuming you don't steal others content). You provide people content as-is, you talk about your personal experience, personal suggestions and it can often make a good and trustworthy reading giving you a small edge. Even though these days a lot of people are doing it, it doesn't mean you shouldn't.
- Using blogging platforms like wordpress (and some plugins) gives you an easy access to others dealing with the same topic. Discuss your ideas with them, learn from them, cross-promote and so on.
- You can write about anything related to poker - celebrity poker gossip, big tournament results, the biggest winnings, best strategies for holdem, or the reason why you lost big time the day before (assuming it's the truth).
Just a few thoughts.